Sunday, December 13, 2009

Next Month & Show and Tell

Our next get-together is Jan. 7th. For recipes, how about either desserts or something really healthy? Like a favorite vegetable side dish.
How do you girls feel about making some "It's My Day" things to use for upcoming birthdays, etc? I know a few of you girls have some great traditions for birthdays or other special events (like the balloon wreath that I've seen on Maria's front door or those triangle banners). Here are a few things that I've been wanting to make FOREVER.

I REALLY want to make a plate for special occasions. If we cut vinyl with Jessica's Cricket and put it on a red plate, do you think we could still eat off it? Could we wash it? Or would painting it be best? Do we have an expert on such things in the group?

I saw this chair cover over at nannygoat.
Post any other tutorials you guys know of or we could do that cute skirt that Jessica posted as well. :)

Now for the "Show and Tell" portion of this post.
The kid's have loved doing this advent calendar. Thanks again Jessica for sharing the Cricket with us and spending the entire evening cutting out letters for us.

This is my mom's new scripture case. She likes it simple.

Now on to the quilts. I used the same 12 fabrics for all three quilts but did three completely different patterns. This first one was similar to the patch baby quilt that I have done in the past... only I cut the squares bigger and bound it with ric-rac


I saw this quilt on the sugarnspicecreations blog and after spending way too much time doing simple math I was able to change the pattern to the size I wanted. I'm still not sure about binding it in brown, maybe white would have been better but that doesn't keep it from being my favorite of the three quilts.


This last quilt was me attempting to recreate a darling quilt that I've seen at Jill's house. I like it so much I think I'll make McKayla the same type of quilt to go on her bed.


Which quilt is your favorite?
It would be great to see some of the handmade items you all have been making posted on this blog as well.

3 comments:

  1. I love all three of your quilts! Good job. Bring them to the next sewing night because I want to see them close up.:o)I am gathering fabric for a quilt for Toria, so maybe I can use one of your ideas.
    Also, I have made "It's your Day" chargers before with the Cricut vinyl, but never a plate, so I am not sure if it would work with washing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have paint that you can paint on plates and then you bake them in the oven. After you dso that you can eat off of them I am pretty sure that you can wash them in the dishwasher. I think I have about 5 different colors but I will have to check

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Kim! Your quilts are so amazing! My favorite is the one on the botton :) You did such a great job. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete